Prices for services
Functional test with load (Treadmill test)
Treadmill test procedure is a controlled exercise test simulating the walk. The procedure is recommended for assessment of the functional state of the cardiovascular system. The test is helpful for specifying the cause of chest pain in patients who already suffer from ischemic heart disease to assess prognosis for the disease and tolerance to stress. It is also used for receiving information on the efficacy of drug therapy and myocardial revascularization procedure and for assessment of physiological capacities and others.
The test with the controlled functional load is performed on a treadmill with sensors attached to the body to record the heart functioning (electrocardiogram, pulse, blood pressure) and its changes in response to the load. The procedure is performed by reference from the cardiologist.
Absolute contraindications are as follows
- acute myocardial infarction and the first 2-3 weeks after it;
- unstable angina;
- uncontrolled cardiac arrhythmias;
- sinus tachycardia with a resting heart rate of 100/min;
- severe hypertension of more than 180/110 mm Hg;
- acute endocarditis, myocarditis, pericarditis;
- stratifying aortic aneurysm;
- symptomatic aortic stenosis;
- chronic heart failure stage IIb-III;
- chronic respiratory failure of the third degree;
- pulmonary embolism;
- acute thrombophlebitis;
- acute infectious process;
- chronic renal failure of IV-V stages;
- acute cerebrovascular accident or stroke of the last 6 months;
- diseases of the joints with functional insufficiency, III degree.
Relative contraindications are as follows:
- moderate stenosis of the left coronary artery trunk or multivascular lesion;
- non-critical stenosis of the heart valves;
- tachycardia, bradycardia;
- atrial fibrillation;
- hypertrophic cardiomyopathy;
- high-grade atrioventricular block;
- severe electrolyte disorders;
- severe anemia;
- obesity III-IV degree;
- diseases of joints with functional insufficiency of the II degree.
The test is not performed in patients with WPW-syndrome (pre-excitation syndrome), complete block of left bundle branch leg and artificial pacemaker.
Your doctor makes a final decision on the feasibility and safety of the test.
Preparation for the procedure
- avoid significant physical activity for 12 hours before the procedure;
- procedure is not recommended after heavy physical activity or stress;
- do not smoke, do not take meal, stimulating drinks (coffee, tea, energy drinks) for 1.5-2 hours before the procedure;
- have sports shoes and comfortable clothes for the procedure;
- men with abundant hair should shave the front and side surfaces of the chest
Duration of the procedure: 1 hour. The result is provided within an hour after the procedure
Хотите получить онлайн разъяснение от врача МС “Добробут”?
Скачивайте наше приложение Google Play и App Store