Doctor information: Smal Bogdan Orestovich
- Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University.
- P. L. Shupyk National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education.
Areas of professional development:
- completed the medical residency in P. L. Shupyk National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education (2014–2016);
- Summer School in Alpbach, Austria: “European Health Care and Social Systems in Transition”, a holder of European Alpbach Foundation fellowship (2016);
- completed the traineeship in the Secretariat of Public health Committee of Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (2015–2016);
- obtained the first qualification grade out of turn in 2019
- has knowledge of English (В2), Polish (В1) and Russian (С1), works with English-speaking patients
- has entered a PhD program at P. L. Shupyk National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education (2016);
- in the framework of the PhD program performs the dissertation research on the following topic: “Effectiveness of training techniques to improve disease progression of the type 1 and 2 pancreatic diabetes”;
- attends scientific conferences as a speaker and an organizer on a regular basis;
- author and co-author of papers in medical publications.
Priority areas in clinical practice:
- All the diseases that require nonsurgical treatment regardless of the patients’ age.
Area of professional interests:
My favorite film is Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story.”