Doctor information: Skorobogatov Andrey Nikolayevich
Luhansk National Medical University.
Areas of professional development:
- full member of the Association for Orthopedics and Traumatology of Ukraine, member of the Ukrainian Association for Traumatology and Osteosynthesis
- lecturer at the National University of Ukraine on Physical Education and Sport
- regular and active participant of specialized medical conferences, symposiums, conventions, training programs, mainly abroad
- publishes his results in academic papers, makes reports
- doctoral degree in medicine
- author of more than 100 publications
- has publications in European journals: Bone abstracts, Osteoporosis International, IBMS BoneKEy
- 2009 – thesis for a Candidate Degree in Medical Sciences on “Regeneration of structural and functional condition of osseous tissue during complex treatment of tumor-like diseases and benign bone tumors of children and adolescents”
- 2019 – thesis for a Doctoral Degree in Medical Sciences on “Age peculiarities of growth, formation and morphogeny of bones of the skeleton after the influence of epoxide resins volatile constituents on the human body”
Priority areas in clinical practice:
- Treatment of tumor-like diseases and benign bone tumors of children.
- Surgical treatment of congenital hand and foot malformations with modern techniques.
- Treatment of fractures (surgical and nonsurgical) with modern minimally invasive techniques and surgical hardware.
- Surgical treatment of congenital and acquired extremity deformities.
- Application of corrective bandages, orthotics with modern materials.
- Diagnostics of diseases and state of locomotor apparatus from birth.
- Congenital diseases or the diseases a patient has genetic predisposition to.
- Hip dysplasias.
- Bone steochondropathies of various kinds.
Medical fields of interest:
- Orthopedics and traumatology.
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery.
- Neuro-orthopedic surgery.
Trends in pediatric orthopedics
- reducing of rehabilitation time due to timely recognition of a disease and use of modern minimally invasive techniques
- substantial improvement of the quality of little patients’ lives
“A child should grow and develop according to his or her age, do physical exercises, have a good muscle mass to support the osteoarticular apparatus. Thus, children will have less problems.”
“It is worth to see a doctor if you noticed the following changes in the constitution: suddenly, a child began to walk unsteadily, put a feet unevenly, distortions and curvatures appeared, the shoulder lowered, something is wrong with the feet, and also pain in osteoarticular apparatus, in muscles.”
“Children have become less active recently because of the inflow of various electronic amusements. If we compare the statistics per 10 thousand children with previous years, the amount of postural disorders, pains in the back increased, not significantly, but still. In this case you should see an orthopaedist who will determine the diagnosis and choose the right correction method for pathological processes in their initial phase that have not yet caused serious diseases.”
“I play soccer, go fishing.”