Doctor information: Sharov Grigoriy Alexandrovich
O. O. Bogomolets National Medical University.
Areas of professional development:
- from 2001 to 2007 – studied in O. O. Bogomolets National Medical University
- from 2007 to 2009 – was an intern on the basis of P. L. Shupyk National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education and ENT Department of Kyiv Oblast Hospital
- from 2009 to 2011 – was a medical resident in ENT on the basis of P. L. Shupyk National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education and ENT Department of Kyiv Oblast Hospital
- in 2011 – received Pediatric ENT specialty on the basis of P. L. Shupyk National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education and Children’s Hospital
- in 2012 – earned the second expert category in ENT
- in 2016 – earned the second expert category in pediatric ENT
- in 2017 – earned the first expert category in ENT
- attends All-Ukrainian ENT conferences and courses of thematic advanced training annually
- is a member of the Ukrainian Scientific Medical Society of ENT Specialists
Priority areas in clinical practice:
- Consultations of children and adults of various age.
- Non-surgical and surgical treatment of ENT diseases with individual approach.
- Minor surgeries: removal of foreign bodies from ear, nose, pharynx, gorge, puncture of maxillary sinus, lancing of furunculus (in external ear canal, nose vestibule), auripuncture and paracentesis of eardrum, chemocautery and electrocautery of bleeding vessels of mucous nasal floor, lancing of abscess (of nasal septum, paratonsillar and parapharyngeal space), removal of small formations in mouth and nasal cavity.
- Major surgeries: cold plasma coblation adenoidectomy, cold plasma coblation tonsillotomy and tonsillectomy, cold plasma coblation vasosection of inferior nasal concha, nasal septum septoplasty, endoscopic endonasal microsinusotomy to remove foreign bodies, upper jaw formations, endoscopic endonasal power-assisted polypetmoidectomy and microsinusotomy.
- ENT organs endoscopy with an ENT workstation.
“As for children, I prevalently deal with inflammations of the adenoid tissue, acute or recurrent states, adenoidal and tonsil growth, otitis, laryngitis. As for adults, I often diagnose and treat maxillary sinusitis, sinusitis, frontal sinusitis, otitis, laryngitis.”
Medical fields of interest:
- Infectious diseases.
Specifics of working with patients
“I see value in the individual approach in my job: I choose a relevant therapeutic regimen for each patient. It is important that a person listens to and believes the doctor. If he or she does not trust, the doctor's recommendations won’t be followed, and there will be no effect of the treatment. That is why the most important task is to win the trust.”
“If a self-treatment of ENT diseased has no effect in two or three days, it is better to see a doctor. My advice is not to neglect the disease, this approach helps to prevent a lot of complications.”
“It would be possible to avoid many diseases if patients did not delay a visit to a doctor. Timely visiting of a doctor meas timely recommendations on treatment. Then, everything depends on the immune system.”
“My hobby is diving, that means immersion on various depths up to 40 meters to reefs, underwater animals, sunken objects. I have been practicing it from 2013. I have the following certificates: Open Water Diver, Advanced Water Diver, Deep Diver, Enriched Air Diver, Sidemount Diver, Wreck Diver, Dry Suit, Ice Diving. I travel to Egypt, Thailand, Norway, Croatia, etc., 2–4 times a year, sometimes I visit a dive safari. This is my way of distraction from everyday life.”