Doctor information: Renchkovska Svitlana Oleksandrivna
Work experience: 31 years
- Bogomolets National Medical University in Kiev
- Clinical internship in specialty "Pediatrics" on the basis of NMAPE named after P.L.Shupyk
Areas of professional development:
- systematic attending different conferences
- attending European Congress on Pediatrics in Barcelona (Spain);
- traineeship in Germany;
- co-writing material on the topic: "Rotavirus infections", which was presented at the Pediatric Congress in Oslo.
Priority areas in clinical practice:
- diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of internal diseases in infants and toddlers;
- diagnosis and treatment of acute pathological conditions in the hospital;
- treatment of emergency conditions
- conducting infusion therapy
- implementation methodologies for evaluation of nutrition, psychomotor development of toddlers.
- "The Europeans and the Americans no longer prescribe so many drugs for treatment as we do. Weight is reduced to a minimum there. We are trying to implement this in Ukraine, but, honestly, it is complicated task to perform. We have a well-established stereotype: "A good is a doctor, who prescribed medicines for a throat and for nose, as well as a certain number of drugs more, but that doctor is bad, because he prescribed only one medicine. It is very difficult to overcome the consciousness of our parents, but we try to transform it. "
- "If a child gets in a hospital, it means that his disease is not easy. Therefore it is very hard to explain, to give parents to understand that everything will be fine with their child. We have to calm parents in order they can trust us. The form of presenting this information depends on the parents. A doctor needs to be a bit of psychologist so that he can know how to explain the problem. Some people like a doctor to use scientific terminology, and the others prefer maximum available words."
- "When I was in Germany and in Spain, I noticed that there specialists had presented parents printed memos, where it was written what you needed to pay close attention to, in what cases you should immediately consult doctors and when to wait until everything would be solved on its own. In the future, we also want to create such written memos. It is very convenient and increases the awareness of parents greatly."
- "A good doctor is first of all intelligent, not opinionated professional, who tracks modern trends. I mean, a doctor should always have a doubt in the ideality of his knowledge, in order to miss nothing new and the extremely important. Likewise, the doctor should be sincere, able to convince, to support and to get in touch with any patient. We must be able to comfort parents, because if they unreasonably worry, there will be no sense of the treatment."
Hobbies, favorite movies, books:
- "I have a lot of activities. I like skiing, going in for sports, spending time in nature and growing flowers. I love to travel. I read the books of various genres. It may be historical literature and banal women's novels, as well as psychology training books."