Doctor information: Mendel Mykola Andriiovych
- 1985-1991 - Bogomolets National Medical University, medical faculty.
- 1991-1993 - clinical residency in surgery at the P.L. Shupyk National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education.
- 1994-1997 - postgraduate study in surgery at the P.L. Shupyk National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education.
Membership in associations and societies. Participation in conferences, thematic improvement courses
- Member of the European Association of Endoscopic Surgery (EAES)
- Member of the Ukrainian Association for Minimally Invasive, Endoscopic and Laser Technologies (UAMELT)
- Member of the The European Hernia Society (EHS-GREPA)
- 2000 - "Laparoscopic Surgery" (Bogomolets National Medical University)
- 2003 - "Fundamentals of modern coloproctology" (P.L. Shupyk National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education)
- 2004 - "Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery" (P.L. Shupyk National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education)
- 2006 - "Higher medical education and the Bologna process" (P.L. Shupyk National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education).
- 2008 - Specialization in Diagnostic ultrasound (P.L. Shupyk National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education).
- 2009 - Intensive course in general Laparoscopic Surgery (European Institute of Telesurgery, Strasbourg, France).
- 2010 - Single-port laparoscopy (SPL) (Moscow, Russia)
- 2010 - Single-port laparoscopy (SPL), 1st course (Würzburg, Germany)
- 2010 - Specialization in Surgical oncology (P.L. Shupyk National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education)
- 2012 - Russian School of Colon and Rectal Surgery (Moscow, Russia).
- 2012 - Surgical treatment of obesity and metabolic disorders (Moscow, Russia) (IFSO certification course)
- 2013 - Endovideosurgery in the treatment of colorectal cancer (St. Petersburg, Russia)
- 2014 - 31st International Gastrointestinal Surgery Training (Davos, Switzerland)
- 2014 - The fifth Hands-on Workshop on Venous Diseases of the European Venous Forum (Limassol, Cyprus)
- 2015 - specialization in Oncology (Kiev, Ukraine)
- 2017 - Hernia Treatment Training Course (Hernia Compact International) (Vienna, Austria)
- 2017 - Practical course on the treatment of abdominal hernias (Torun, Poland)
- 2018 - International OncoForum "White Nights" (St. Petersburg, Russia)
- 2019 - Modern alloplastic and laparoscopic surgery of abdominal hernias (P.L. Shupyk National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education)
- 2019-2020 - Internship at the Plastic Surgery Clinic under the auspices of the Ukrainian Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons.
- 2020 - Internship in Surgical oncology (P.L. Shupyk National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education)
- I also regularly attend conferences and congresses in Ukraine and abroad.
PhD, associate professor, author of more than 250 scientific papers.
Teaching and/or lecturing
- 1997-2005 - Assistant in the Department of Surgery and Burn Disease of the P.L. Shupyk National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education.
- 2009-2019 - Associate Professor of the Department of General and Emergency Surgery of the P.L. Shupyk National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education.
- 2005-2009 - Associate Professor of the Department of Surgery and Vascular Surgery of the P.L. Shupyk National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education.
- 1999-2006 - surgeon (part-time) of the City Clinical Hospital №8.
- 1999-2008 - surgeon (part-time) of the private clinic "Medicom" (Kiev).
- 2008-2010 - Surgeon at the Oberig сlinic.
- 2010-2020 - Head of the Department of General and Abdominal Surgery at the Oberig сlinic.
- 2011-2019 - Coordinator for Laparoscopic Surgery at the Endofors Training Center.
- 2020-2021 - Head of the Surgical Department of the Oberig сlinic.
Priority areas of professional activity
- Routine and emergency surgery, laparoscopy
- Diseases of the abdominal organs
- Removal of the gallbladder (cholecystectomy): open, laparoscopic, cosmetic mini-cholecystectomy
- Abdominal hernias - expert surgery, open and laparoscopic operations for inguinal, femoral, umbilical, white line hernias, postoperative ventral, complex abdominal wall defects.
- Diastasis recti surgery, abdominoplasty.
- Surgery to repair diaphragmatic hernias.
- Acute appendicitis, intestinal obstruction, perforated gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer.
- Outpatient surgery: removal of benign skin lesions, subcutaneous tissue (atheroma, lipoma, fibroma, nevus, papilloma).
- Acute purulent diseases (abscess, furuncle, hidradenitis).
- Ingrown nail.
- Colon surgery for diverticulitis, tumors.
- Reconstructive surgery for intestinal stomas.
- Bbariatric surgery (sleeve resection, gastric bypass).
- Surgical treatment of pilonidal cysts (coccyx epithelial passages, coccyx cyst).
- Splenectomy (laparoscopic and open).
- Laparoscopic biopsies.
- Postoperative management of patients.
Areas of interest in medicine
Preventive medicine, healthy lifestyle
Do not self-medicate, trust professionals. However, take an active part in the treatment process: do not hesitate to ask the doctor a question if you do not understand something, ask for another thought, find information about the disease and treatment on the Internet.
I dance Argentine tango and like to travel