Doctor information: Kireiko Viktor Petrovych
- Zaporozhye State Medical University
Teaching and / or lecturing:
- gave interviews in the media as a consultant.
Areas of professional development:
- 2003-2009: graduated from Zaporozhye State Medical University with a degree in General Medicine;
- 2009-2011: completed internship in traumatology and orthopedics at the Zaporozhye State Medical University, faculty of postgraduate education;
- 2015: received specialization in pediatric orthopedics and traumatology at the Kharkiv Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education of Doctors;
- 2018: one month advanced thematic course Diagnosis and Treatment of Musculoskeletal System Tumors in Adults and Children Kharkov Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education of Physicians;
- 2019: one month pre-certification training cycle in pediatric orthopedics and traumatology, Kharkiv Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education of Physicians.
- implements clinical protocols of treatment of orthopedic diseases adopted in Europe and USA, follows international guidelines adopted by international clinical societies for treatment of certain diseases: Society on Scoliosis Orthopedic and Rehabilitation Treatment; Scoliosis Research Society; International Research Society on Spinal Deformities; American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons; American Academy of Family Physicians; The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality's; The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence; American Academy of Pediatrics; The European League Against Rheumatism; American College of Rheumatology; Сochrane collaboration and many others;
- uses evidence-based medicine treatment methods.
Priority areas in clinical practice:
- conservative treatment of orthopedic pathology and trauma in children;
- implementation of the principles of evidence-based medicine into practice.
Tell us about your professional interests other than your specialization:
- emergency medicine.
Hobbies, favorite movies, books:
- "The hardest thing is not to send your child for a massage and a course of physiotherapy every 3 months (at best) and spot big perks on your parental conscience. The hardest and the most important and effective is to practice exercise with your child regularly and cultivate a healthy lifestyle habit."